Action Youth is offered as an elective class for students on-campus within the Denver Public Schools.
The On-Campus focus is to teach the value of
healthy life choices, academic excellence, and leading to serve through our system of mentorship
Full-time staff work as Student Development Specialists - teaching Action Youth classes and facilitating mentorship with students
• On-Campus curriculum focuses on building capacity in 5 strategic areas we call S.P.I.C.E (Spiritual, Physical, Intellectual, Community/Social, & Emotional).
• 60% of Action Youth staff time is utilized after-school in developmental mentoring relationships at school sporting events, college prep meetings, one-on-one discussions, small group meetings, and so much more.
• Action Youth students complete an individual Breakthrough Plan for their Personal Life and Career. This plan is implemented by students throughout high school and beyond.
• Action Youth students identify issues and create solutions in class via Service Projects and Social Empowerment Initiatives.
• Students are invited to voluntarily attend the weekly RISE program